This website (“the Site”) is operated by United Biscuits (UK) Limited (registered in England and Wales with company number 02506007 and registered address at Hayes Park, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex UB4 8EE, United Kingdom).
All references to ‘our’, ‘us’, ‘we’, ‘company’ or ‘United Biscuits’ within this policy are deemed to refer to United Biscuits (UK) Limited.
Collection of your Personal Information
We collect personal information about you (i.e. information which may identify you in some way, such as your name, address, age, other contact details such as telephone number, email address etc. and passwords) through this website only when you voluntarily submit it. This may be when you register on the website, request information, submit comments or participate in some game, promotion, survey or other feature of the website. Providing personal information is up to you. If you do not want your personal information collected, please do not submit it.
Use of your Personal Information
We may use your personal information as follows:
- To respond to your questions, requests, to provide you with access to certain areas and features and to communicate with you about your activities on this website.
- To share it with our Related Parties as required to perform functions on your behalf in connection with the Site (such as delivery of merchandise, administration of the website or promotions or other features on it, marketing, data analysis or customer services). Further use or disclosure of the information by them for other purposes is not permitted.
- To provide you with product information or promotional and other offers from us or our Related Parties*.
* However, at the point of collection of your information we will provide you either an “opt in” or “opt-out” mechanism depending on the circumstances of the data collection and the use to which such data is to be put. An “opt-in” mechanism will provide you the opportunity to positively indicate that you would like or do not object to our sending you such further communications and we will not send you any unless you have “opted-in”. An “opt-out” mechanism will provide you the opportunity to indicate that you do not want us to send you such further communications, and if you “opt-out” we will not send you any.
* Either way, opting-in or opting-out will be up to you and, in addition, if you do not want us to use your personal information for a particular purpose or disclose it to a third party, you may “opt-out” at any time by contacting us as provided above.
* Specific opt-outs may also be provided at the point of collection or along with the communications to you.
* Please note though, by opting-out, you may not be able to participate in certain activities on the Site.
- For other purposes set out when your information is collected or in any additional terms and conditions applicable to the particular feature of the Site.
- For disclosures required by law, regulation or court order.
- For the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings or necessary for establishing, defending or exercising legal rights.
- In an emergency to protect the health or safety of Site users or the general public or in the interests of national security.
Except as provided herein, we will not provide any of your personal information to any third parties without your specific consent.
We take protection of children’s privacy seriously. We operate this website in compliance with all applicable law in the above Jurisdiction. Children under the age of 16 should have a parent/guardian’s consent before providing any personal information to the website. We will not require or request children under this age to provide more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the applicable activity on the Site. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her personal information without the parent/guardian’s consent. Without such consent, though, the child may not be able to participate in certain activities. However, in certain circumstances, we may maintain and use such information (in accordance with the rest of this Policy and applicable law) in order to notify and obtain consent from the parent/guardian and for certain safety, security, liability and other purposes permitted under applicable law. A parent/guardian can review, remove, change or refuse further collection or use of their child’s personal information by contacting us as provided above (include child’s name, address and e-mail address).
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a piece of data stored by a website within a browser which remembers things that a browser has done in the past, such as logging in and which pages were visited. They are used to make interaction with the website faster and easier, helping provide the best user experience of the website.
IP addresses and Cookies
Security of your Information
We use certain reasonable security measures to help protect information you send to this Site. However, we cannot guarantee the security of such information. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability and responsibility for any Damages you may suffer due to any loss, unauthorised access, misuse or alternation of any information you submit to this website.
All matters relating to the Site are governed by the laws of England and Wales (“the Jurisdiction”) and venue for any legal proceeding relating to the Site shall be in appropriate courts located in England. We do not warrant or imply that the Site or materials on it are appropriate for outside of the above Jurisdiction. The information set forth in this Site concerning any products or services is applicable only in the Jurisdiction, and these products or services may not be available in all locations. If you are located outside of this Jurisdiction, you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
If for any reason, any provision herein is found void or unenforceable, it will be severed to the extent void or unenforceable and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
- “Damages” means any and all direct, special, indirect, consequential or punitive loss or other damages of any kind (whether in contract, including fundamental breach, tort, including negligence, or otherwise).
- “including” means “including, but not limited to”.
- “materials sent to the Site” (and “materials you send to the Site” and other like terms) means anything emailed, uploaded, posted or otherwise transmitted or sent to the Site (whether information, text, material, data or code or other) by you or another user.
- “Related Parties” means all of our parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, Site Developers and other promotional partners.
- “Site Developer” means any party involved in creating, producing, delivering or maintaining the Site.
- “use of this Site” (and “using” and other like terms) means “any and all use of the Site of any kind whatsoever, including access to, browsing of, reviewing, posting of, transmitting, reviewing, downloading, and any other use of the Site or any material on the Site”.
Please note, we may change information on this Site and/or this Policy, at any time without notice. You should regularly review this Policy for any changes. Any changes will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Policy on this Site. By continuing to use the Site, you agree to any changes, and by providing continued access to the Site we are providing you consideration for agreement to such changes.