What are Cookies?
A Cookie is a piece of data stored by a website within a browser which remembers things that a browser has done in the past, such as logging in and which pages were visited. They are used to interaction with the website faster and easier; helping provide the best user experience of the website.
What Cookies does this website use?
The cookies used on our websites have been categorised based on the guidelines found in the ICC UK Cookie guide. Here is a list of the cookies present on this site and what they do:
These cookies are used to tailor the website to you by storing your preferences, and to enable certain functionality within the site.
|CAKEPHP||Used to store user preferences and choices made as the user browse the site.|
|addthis||AddThis is used to provide social sharing functionality across mcvities.co.uk. AddThis may set Cookies when displayed on screen. Please refer to the relevant pages on AddThis (www.addthis.com) for more information.|
|xgraph.net||Xgraph is part of AddThis (www.xgraph.com).|
These cookies are used to enhance the performance of the website.
|Google Analytics||Tracks site usage to help us identify ways of improving the site. These are 3rd party cookies that can be identified by __utm prefixes. Please refer to Google Analytics (www.google.co.uk) for relevant cookie information.|
|go.affec.tv||3rd party tracking cookies that help us identify visitor trends and ways of improving the site.|
|adnxs.com||3rd party tracking cookies for tracking. See www.appnexus.com/cookies for further information.|
|media6degrees.com||3rd party tracking cookies that help us identify visitor trends and ways of improving the site. Please refer to the relevant pages on m6d.com for further information.|
Cookies are used throughout our websites and disabling them may prevent you from using certain parts of the sites. If you want to disable Cookies please follow the instructions below (if your browser isn't covered please consult the instructions for your browser).
Managing cookies in Microsoft IE 6, IE 7 and IE 8:
- In the browser, choose Tools
- Select Internet Options
- Click the Privacy tab
- Adjust the 'Settings' slider to 'Medium' or below to enable cookies, or adjust towards the top to disable all cookies.
Managing cookies in Mozilla Firefox:
- In the browser, choose Firefox (or 'Tools' at the top of your browser window) and select Options
- Click the Privacy tab
- Check the box labeled 'Accept cookies from sites' to enable to cookies, or uncheck it to disable cookies
- Click OK
Managing cookies in Safari:
- From the Safari menu (Mac) or Edit menu (Windows), click Preferences
- From the Security dialog box > Accept Cookies, to enable cookies click to select 'Always', or click to select 'Never' to disable cookies.
- Click Close
Managing cookies in Google Chrome
- Click the 'wrench' icon
- Click Options
- Select the 'Under the Hood' tab
- Under 'Cookie Settings' select 'Allow all cookies' from the drop-down to enable cookies, or 'Block all cookies' to disable cookies.
- Click 'Close'